Welcome to our Virtual Thanksgiving Progressive Dinner organized by Barbara over at The Everyday Home!
It is just in time for your to plan your event for family and friends. We’ve got you covered from appetizers to decor!
Doing some simple planning ahead will help to make you less stressful so you can enjoy the special occasion…..Thanksgiving!
Today I am sharing with you a very simple make ahead appetizer for your guests to enjoy while helping you in the kitchen and gathering! When someone asks you if there is anything they can help with…don’t be afraid to say yes!
I have been using this recipe written on a faded piece of notebook paper for so many years (pre-kids)….that I don’t know where it came from! I did add a couple of variations to it that you can use. My recipe pictured above was a doubled recipe for a large crowd. If you do double, just allow for extra cooking time as this is usually meant to be a thinner dish.
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients together and spoon into a greased quiche or pie dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly
- Make sure the center is warmed
- Serve with choice of crackers or tortilla chips
- Great to make the day before and place in the refrigerator. When ready to cook just let it sit on the counter for the dish to get close to room temp before baking.
- I have added crumbled bacon and chopped spinach before as well.
- For a spicier dip, add a 4 ounce can of chopped green chilies.
Minimal ingredients are used….remember mine are doubled!
All ready to go in the oven
I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving and upcoming holiday season! Please be sure to visit the other blogs today and tomorrow for recipes and tips!
Below you will find the full daily schedule!
Please visit the following blogs:
Thursday, November Fourteenth:
Table Decor and Ideas –
Friday, November Fifteenth:
Main Dishes –
Side Dishes –
Parting Gifts –