3 pounds of ground beef
2-3/4 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons chili powder (more if you want spicy)
3 cups of water
1-1/2 cups ketchup
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a stock pot, place your ground beef. I cover the ground beef with water. On medium-high heat, cook the meat until it is brown and crumbly. I like to cook it this way so that it has a very crumbly consistency. It will turn a light brown color when it is finished cooking. This will take around an hour. Drain it in a colander. This is great to drain the fat.
- Return the cooked meat to the same pot.
- Add all of the ingredients except the 3 cups of water. Mix well.
- Gradually add the 3 cups of water mixing well.
- It will look quite soupy. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 1 hour until it has thickened and most of the water has evaporated.
- Stir occasionally. This is so easy and can be cooking while you are preparing other tailgating goodies or playing on Pinterest!