**This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Banana Boat® and OFF!®. The opinions and texts are all mine.**
Summer activities are in full swing here at Our Southern Home.
In order to enjoy the backyard and entertain, a bit of work must go into it. I have always enjoyed working in our yard. There is just something about planting flowers and watching how they transform a space.
Our grassy areas and patio area get a lot of sun during the day while the perimeter is more shaded due to being in the woods. Our home sits on 7 acres. My hubby was very smart when we decided to carve out the area for our home-site 12 years ago. Woods surround the grassy areas. So we get the best of sun and shade. The best thing is that we never have to worry about leaves in the gutters!
One thing that is very important for me and working in the yard is to apply sunscreen. I have forgotten on occasion and regretted afterwards. Now I keep sunscreen on the screened porch as a friendly reminder to everyone.
I love using spray sunscreen like Banana Boat® Sun Comfort.
- Provides safe and effective broad spectrum UVA and UVA protection
- convenient water-resistant formula for up to 80 minutes
- Sand brushes off easily (Can't wait to use it at the beach!)
- Moisturizes to relieve dryness which I suffer from….especially on my legs
I purchase both lotions and sprays, but prefer spray. I have teens and I find that they are more likely to apply a spray than take the time to lotion up. My daughter even carries the spray in her tennis bag. It keeps her from having to touch it right before playing. My son does the same in his golf bag.
My Shasta Daisies are in full bloom right now. They weren't doing well so I transplanted them to a sunnier spot last year. They are just gorgeous and are perfect cut to enjoy indoors. I've been gravitating to using more and more perennials in the yard. They spread and are so much less work overtime. Annuals are saved for my containers.
Our Black-Eyed Susan are not quite in bloom yet. This photo is from last year. Aren't they gorgeous! Great thing about these…..I divided them in the fall and have been able to add them for free in other areas!
We have a small garden planted with tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. I hope to make some fresh salsa this year.
Daylily are another great flower for dividing.
All of our hard work and efforts are more enjoyable when we protect our skin. Nothing is worse that a bad burn. I have fairly fair skin and wear sunscreen daily. I think that is one of the reasons that people comment that I look much younger that I am. Banana Boat® has been a favorite for years.
It's nice to sit back and enjoy the efforts of your yard work. We keep OFF!® personal mosquito repellents handy to protect ourselves from mosquitoes this summer. I purchase multiple cans at a time!
I have OFF!® in the following places:
- screened porch to apply before going in the backyard
- on the patio
- in the garage to spray before shooting basketball
- in the door of the car (mosquitoes are bad in the south and want to be prepared)
- son's golf bag
- daughter's tennis bag
- beach bag
Use these TIPS when applying:
- Hold container 6 to 8 inches from skin or clothing and spray with a slow sweeping motion.
- Do not apply over cuts, wounds, irritated or sunburned skin.
- Do not spray in enclosed areas.
- Use just enough repellent to cover exposed skin and/or clothing. Avoid over-application of this product. Frequent reapplication and saturation are unnecessary.
- Do not allow children to handle this product. Do not apply to children’s hands. When using on children, apply to your own hands and then put it on the child.
- After returning indoors, wash treated skin with soap and water.
- Spread evenly with hands to moisten all exposed skin.
- Do not spray directly on your face. Spray palms of hands and carefully pat on face avoiding eye area and mouth.
Outdoor fun is more fun when you are protecting your skin from!
OFF!® and Banana Boat® will also be a staple at our family beach cottage.
Enjoy your summer and protect your friends and family! Both OFF!® and Banana Boat® can be conveniently purchased at Walmart. I love Walmart! I'm there a couple of times a week. It is so convenient to shop for groceries, personal needs, decorating and DIY/Craft projects all in one stop.
I'd love to hear of summer flowers that you've had great success with!