This is the post that almost didn't happen!
Last week, painters came in and painted our downstairs family room, foyer, upstairs halls and 2 staircases. I didn't pay them to paint the beadboard and mantel area to save a little money. It ended up being a lot of work. It was previously painted in an oil satin. I had to prime it before painting. It was higher than I realized so my hubby went and bought us an 8 foot ladder. I wasn't too crazy about that height on a ladder, but I am proud to say that I put the last coat of paint on the actual mantel on Monday.
So I literally completed this project yesterday. Nothing like coming through at the last-minute.
I needed something simple for this month's Thrift Store Decor makeover Challenge!
I searched my stash and pulled out these 2 cuties!
How lucky was I to find a pair! They are petite in size, but already a nice white for spring.
When I took off for Hobby Lobby over the weekend, I had no real clue what I was going to do with these. That happens a lot to me. I know what I have in mind, but no true plan. I knew they were well suited for a spring look. When I came across the sweet set of 2 bunny picks, I knew what I had to do!
These supplies came from Hobby Lobby. Similar affiliate links below.
- preserved moss
- mini grapevine wreaths
- bunny topiary picks
- cylinder floral foam
- kitchen knife
- glue gun
- faux baby roses
- wire cutters
I didn't even need to paint them. You never know what I might do with them in the future.
I took my urns with me to the craft store. This enabled me to select the right sized supplies. The foam was the perfect width. I simply cut one cylinder of the floral foam in half and wedged it into the urn.
I tried the pick in first for size. One I had to trim just a bit.
I removed the pick and cut moss to arrange around the top.
This grapevine wreath is the perfect small size for a napkin ring.
Add back in the bunny pick.
At first, I tried just inserting small sprigs cut from the faux flowers. I didn't like the look so I cut off individual roses.
I put a bit of hot glue around the edge of the bud and inserted it into the foam.
I added one single bud all the way around the top of the grapevine wreath.
I love how they turned out. I wish Ashlyn was here….she'd have oooo'd and awed. Hubby wasn't quite as enthused about it.
We sold our dining room suite last Friday. Part of the suite was on this wall. We purchased this antique secretary over the weekend. It was a great price and love the new look here. It's not perfect by any means and some may have passed it by, but I loved it and wanted something at a great price. Since I will no longer have a china cabinet, this is perfect to house a few of those treasured trinkets that I'd like on display. The little topiaries are sweet here. Do you notice the wall color change. It went from green to Agreeable Gray by Sherwin Williams. It is growing on me.
Be sure to check out the other Thrift Store Makeovers this month! I am always so inspired! The links are below.
Spring Urns Our Sothern Home
Easter Basket Wreath Sadie Seasongoods
Gold Leaf Easter Eggs Domestically Speaking
Banner Garden Petticoat Junktion
Silverware Wind Chimes House of Hawthornes
Painted Herb Pots My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Cheese Cloche Butterfly Display My Repurposed Life
Tulip Bucket Door Décor Refresh Restyle