Broccoli and Bacon Salad is the perfect make ahead side dish to accompany any meal from a large family dinner to a cookout or picnic.
Latest from OSH
- Saturdays on the Porch #67
- How to Update a Thrift Store Lamp for a Fresh Look
- 2024 Fiction Reading List
- The Best Hearty Tailgate Chili Recipe
- Saturdays on the Porch #66
It's time for another group of fabulous recipes with my blogging friends. I'd like to give a big shout-out to my friend Marty from A Stroll Thru Life for organizing this each month for us.
Broccoli and Bacon Salad
Be sure to read until the end of the post to get the links to this week's yummy collection of recipes.
You'll find the printable recipe below. This is so easy! It's one of those recipes that you could add a bit extra of everything and it would still be so good. It doesn't have to be exact.
It's one of my go-to recipes when we go to someone's house for dinner or for a crowd.
I love anything when entertaining that is make-ahead.
It's perfect for summer when you don't want to heat up the kitchen.
Let's Talk Cheese
A great way to change it up would be to use gouda cheese instead of cheddar.
I'd advise against using grated or shredded cheese for this. It will have a tendency to clump up. Dicing it as I have done in cubes is best.
It's definitely a colorful salad.
Mix your mayonnaise sauce in a separate bowl.
Fold in the mayonnaise mixture and blend together with the broccoli mixture.
News flash…..I do not like raw onion. For the longest time, I left the onion out. My entire family loves fresh onion. I started adding it in, and I confess that it does give it extra flavor. Don't tell them that I admitted it.
It's such a yummy side dish. I love to make it in the summer especially since it doesn't require cooking.
In a pinch, instead of the precooked bacon that you heat in the microwave, I'll buy a larger sized pouch of real bacon pieces in the salad section.
I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 12 slices of precooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced sweet or red onion
- 8 ounce block of cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup of mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 10 ounce carton of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Remove broccoli stalks and cut the head into bite-sized pieces, rinse well in a colander.
- Prepare the bacon according to packaging and chop.
- Place broccoli, bacon, onion, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Combine mayo, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Wisk to blend.
- Add halved tomatoes to the mayo mixture and toss to coat.
- Fold in mayo mixture with the broccoli mixture gently blending.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I typically make it in the morning if serving for dinner.
I purchase a 2.1-ounce box of precooked bacon from Aldi.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart CTG-00-SCHP Stainless Steel Chopper,8.2" x 3.9" x 3.9"
Utopia Towels 12 Pack Dish Towels - Reusable Kitchen Towels -15 x 25 Inches Ultra Soft Cotton Dish Cloths - Super Absorbent Cleaning Cloths, Blue
Geiserailie 6 Pieces Chinese Style Kitchen Tea Towels Chinoiserie Dish Towels Animal Kitchen Bar Towels Peacock Elk Flower Large Plate Cloth Set, Blue and White
Folkulture Salad Bowl or Wooden Bowls with Serving Tongs, Large Salad Bowls for Fruits, Cereal or Pasta, Large Mixing Bowl Set, 12" Diameter x 5" Height, Mango Wood, Blue
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Angled Measuring Cup Set
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
Official As Seen On TV Bavarian Edge Kitchen Knife Sharpener by BulbHead, Sharpens, Hones, & Polishes Serrated, Beveled, Standard Blades
J.A. Henckels International Classic 8-Inch Hollow Edge Chef's Knife
Meal Prep Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Set, Home, Refrigerator, and Kitchen Food Storage Organizers | Ecofriendly, Reusable, Heavy Duty By WHYSKO