Saturdays on the Porch #577 features the latest from OSH in decorating, fashion, and what I've found online from shopping to ideas!
Latest from OSH
- Five Easy Ideas for Decorating a Fall Living Room
- How to Felt Leaves from Thrift Store Wool Sweaters
- DIY Halloween Art Using a Thrift Store Framed Print
- Saturdays on the Porch #65
- Turn a Thrift Store Plant Stand into a Drink Table
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of my links, I may earn a small commission from the retailer costing you nothing more. You can read more on my disclosure page. YOU WILL FIND A SHOP THE LOOK FOR OUR HOME AT THE BOTTOM!
Check out the most recent Saturdays on the Porch.
Saturdays on the Porch #57
I recently worked with Chico's on a social media campaign. While this blog post is not sponsored, the Instagram content was.
I adore this Zenergy tunic sweater. It has a hood with drawstring detail. It matches perfectly with the Zenergy joggers that I have had for a couple of years.
I am obsessed with these jeans. They are so comfortable, and the jeweled detail is so fun and unexpected.
I really love the coziness of the sweater and the colors for winter. I've also worn this with my faux leather leggings. I recently ordered me a new pair of Spanx and decided to go with the petite length. They are fabulous and do not bunch around the ankles. I do size up to a large in the leggings.
The jeans look nice dressed up a bit and work well with boots. This sweater is so pretty and comes in several colors. It has gorgeous detail on the sleeves that is a bit hard to see in the photos.
You can see a bit of the sleeve detail here. It's a lightweight sweater, but very cozy.
This bangle is so good! It looks wonderful layered with a couple of other bracelets.
Pop this faux leather moto jacket on with the jeans and sweater for a very put-together look.
The jacket looks great both zipped and unzipped.
This Week on the Blog
This Walmart blazer is so great for the price. I am wearing a small. I wore this to church last Sunday.
I wore this outfit to a wedding last Saturday night. I LOVE this dress! I am wearing a medium in it.
You can watch the Facebook video on the above outfit HERE.
What I'm Reading
I love to read AND listen to books. If you are looking for a way to get more steps in with your walking…..listen to books! You will want to keep walking to listen. I also listen while doing chores around the house. I will use my earbuds while walking, While in the house I will use a bluetooth speaker that I can carry around with me or our Alexa.
I've had my Audible membership for a while, and LOVE it! It gives me one book credit per month.
Let me share with you how I read on Kindle and listen to books as well. Get yourself a library card!
I will typically check to see if a book is available there first before using my credit or buying. Using these 2 apps with your library card is FREE!!! I love FREE.
There may be a waitlist if it is a newer title or popular. That's ok. Sometimes the wait can be lengthy. If I'm not willing to wait, I will just purchase. If it is new or popular, you NEED to finish the book in the allowed checkout time. Sometimes you can renew, and sometimes you may have to get back in the queue. If that happens, when it is available again…..it will download where you left off.
Get in the habit of always carrying a book with you to get in a little extra time. That way if you are waiting at the doctor's office or to get your car serviced….you are prepared!
It is my goal to read more than 12, but these are my must-reads for the year.
- I'm squeezing in one more Christmas book this week. It is When Christmas Comes. This book is a murder mystery.
- I totally read the Christmas books below out of order. I didn't realize they were a series of 5! Ha, ha! I totally understood them, and it really didn't matter. Here is the complete list of the series that I do plan to finish.
- #1 The Cafe by the Sea, #2 The Endless Beach, #3 Christmas on the Island, #4 Christmas at the Island Hotel, #5 An Island Wedding
- I just finished Christmas on the Island (Book 3 of 5). Read it before the Island Hotel mentioned below.
- I really enjoyed Christmas at the Island Hotel (Book 4 of 5). This takes place on a small island between Scotland and Norway. I am enjoying this book. It's by the same author as this book that I read last Christmas.
- I have also started Girl, Forgotten.
- I just finished listening to the book From Scratch. It is a new Netflix series. I'm looking forward to watching it.
- I just finished reading The Good House. I really like it!
- If you are looking for a new Christmas book to read, check out this roundup from last year. I need to make a new one for this year.
- I just finished my first Christmas read of the season. If you love quilting, you'll like this one. I didn't realize that it is a series, but that did not affect me jumping in this late into it…..The Christmas Boutique.
What We've Bought
- I've got to get my shoes organized in our closet. I just purchased this set from Amazon. I'll be sharing more on this after Christmas!
- Just reordered this neck cream for the 8th time. It would be a great stocking stuffer.
- I have been following this lifestyle plan for the last 2 years. They finally produced a cookbook so I no longer have to search through the Facebook group for recipes!
- This gun safe is a gift.
- Charging stand for a Galaxy watch
- Charging stand for an Apple Watch
- Tie organizer
- Griddle cover
- Wooden litter box cover
- flat iron
- Black sweater on sale today!
- bathing suit coverup
- curling iron
- Office footrest
- First Christmas ornament
- Washington NFL sweatshirt
- whiskey/bourbon glass set
- Rack for trays
- J Jill funnel neck sweater (40% off)
- Blue layered beaded necklace (30% off)
- Chico's Black striped turtleneck (discounted + 30% off)
- Chico's quilted cowl neck (30% off)
Christy has been creating content for Our Southern Home since 2012. She has been featured in numerous print and online publications. Her classic, eclectic design approach spans her home and fashion style. Christy has a way of mixing store-bought with thrift store, antique and vintage finds. As a recent empty nester, she is having fun navigating this new stage of life. Read more about Christy HERE. Be sure to subscribe below. You can also contact me HERE.