This post has been sponsored by The J.M. Smucker Company. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my own.
Do you ever put any thought into the coffee you drink? I used to not. I thought coffee was coffee. I knew there were different roasts, but did know what they meant. That has all changed!
My family went on a trip of a lifetime to Italy almost two years ago. Coffee is big over there. Daily while out site-seeing, we'd stop in a walk up cafe and all order cups. That was when things changed for me. When we returned home, we really started getting into coffee as a family. No longer was it just myself and husband.
It sparked interest for us into discovering blends and roasts. In November, as a Folgers® Ambassador, I was able to travel to New Orleans to tour the plants. It was an amazing experience to see the receiving of bags of beans to the production process. I participated in an exercise called cupping. This taught me so much on the different roasts and the flavors in them. It has totally changed the way I purchase our coffee roasts now.
Folgers® offers a wide variety with a robust selection of 17 delicious roast and coffee products ranging from mild to dark to decaf and beyond! They have gone above and beyond to ensure that there is a coffee roast for everyone.
At present, we have quite a few methods of enjoying coffee in our home!
- Traditional Coffee Maker
- K-Cup® pods Brewer
- French Press
My current favorite method is using our French press with Folgers®Coffeehouse Blend. Would you believe it was my 19 year-old daughter that wanted to get a French Press? She learned how to use it and taught me. News flash, college kids are into their coffee these days!
Using a French Press is very simple and has proven to be a weekend ritual for us. With my husband and I being empty nesters, this makes the perfect amount for us. I confess …..the process totally make me feel fancy in my flannel pjs!
I feel like the French press when used with the Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend gives me that coffee shop experience in the comforts of my own home! It's quite simple to use! Add 8 tablespoons of the Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend.
Pour 4 cups of hot (not boiling) water into the glass pot within an inch of the press.
Let the coffee sit for 4 minutes before pushing the plunger down. Print the full instructions below for all the details!
- 8 tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 4 cups of hot water (not boiling)
- Place 8 Tablespoons of coffee grounds in bottom of your French Press.
- Pour hot (not boiling) water into the French Press, leaving about an inch at the top.
- Gently stir the coffee and water with a plastic spoon. You don't want to use metal and risk breaking the glass.
- Place the plunger on top and affix it so the pour spout is closed off.
- Let the coffee brew for about 4 minutes.
- Slowly push the plunger down to the bottom of the pot. This pushes the grounds to the bottom.
- With the plunger down, turn the top to open the pour spout and enjoy!
- Serve right away!
Are you familiar with the different types of roasts?
We always keep a variety of roasts on hand at home. Cans are perfect when making an entire pot. K-Cup® pods are great to have on hand for parties and dinners as well. It allows for offering a variety to your guests.
- Light Roasts are perfect for those that enjoy fruity, acidic, bright or floral flavors. We love to pair light roasts with a dessert like lemon meringue pie. It's a light and airy pie with that yummy citrus flavor.
- Medium-Medium Dark Roasts are my personal favorite! If you love caramel and nutty flavors, try Folgers® Colombian Coffee. It's rich and full-bodied. My personal favorite is Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend. It's bold, yet smooth. Medium to medium dark roasts are considered your most versatile meaning that they pair well with most everything!
- Dark Roasts are great for those that prefer full-bodied bittersweet or chocolate flavors. So the next time you are serving a chocolate or rich type dessert, consider giving Folgers® Gourmet Supreme Coffee a try.
Occasionally, I'll prepare a family favorite like Ham & Cheese Croissants for breakfast or lunch! They work great for both. They are simple and pair wonderfully with my favorite Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend.
They are so easy to prepare! Best of all, they really look like you've gone to enormous trouble when you haven't.
These are the larger sized croissants, but smaller ones are equally great especially if they are apart of a larger spread of food.
Purchase your favorite sliced ham. Just place the appropriate amount per your liking with one slice of cheese. I typically use provolone. I tear the large slices in half to make them fit better on the croissant. That way the cheese doesn't melt off the sides.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes on a baking sheet until lightly brown and the cheese is melted.
Serve with freshly cut fruit. In the winter, I love to enjoy it for lunch with a cup of coffee.
It's a great way to take a midday break from work-at-home duties to read or catch up on a show.
Do you have any special coffee pairings? I'd love to hear them!
Folgers® Colombian Coffee is my favorite for that early afternoon pick-me-up to finish out my work day. I typically enjoy 2 cups of coffee per day.
I've gotten quite a few requests on how to get your own Folgers® mug. It's a great mug with a wonderful shape and weight! You can purchase your own HERE. It's a great way to proudly share your love of Folgers®!!
Yes, I have become quite the coffee connoisseur. I hope you are inspired to try different roasts now!
K-Cup is a trademark of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc., used with permission.Buffer