This post is sponsored by Bona but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I will admit that the first tip to keeping your floors AND home clean would be to send your kids off to college. Ha, ha! Know that isn't funny, but it's kind of true.
Seriously! My kids just moved to college last weekend. This is our second year of being empty nesters just for the school year. It's hard….we miss them terribly, but it is life and we are surviving.
Did you hear that? Yes, you can hear a pin drop these days.
Every August after the kids head off to school, I start cleaning and organizing like a mad woman. It's kind of like my start of a new year…..not the typical January.
As an empty nester, I thrive on getting the house in order at this time. I do a very thorough deep clean. Over the last few days, I have washed all mattress pads, sheets and bedding on all 4 beds. Now things are fresh for when the kids return home for visits with their friends.
Let's get to the 5 Tips to Keep Your Floors Clean.
I've thought about this a lot and it's really simple if you can follow through.
- Place a door mat or rug at each exterior door. Keeping one on the inside gives you double protection for trapping unwanted dust, dirt and debris.
- Remove your shoes when you enter your home.
- Keep areas free of unnecessary clutter on the floor so you can easily clean around furniture, plants and rugs.
- Do a good clean once per week of your floors with a vacuum and mop.
- Run a quick dust mop around your bare floors everyday or two to prevent dust and dirt buildup.
Keeping a good mat or rug on the outside and inside of each exterior door will help cut down on excessive dirt and debris on the home you've just worked so hard to clean.
I prefer to take my shoes off whenever I enter our home. Encourage other family members to do the same. This is where I fudge a bit. I never ask a guest to remove their shoes when they come into our home. There is nothing wrong with that. I just choose to not do that. Guests are not typically a daily occurrence, so I can deal with the occasional tracking in. Now if it's the neighborhood kids coming over to routinely hangout….then yes….I have them remove their shoes!
If you want to always have visitors remove their shoes. Then make them comfortable!
- Answer the door shoeless
- Provide seating by the door to remove shoes
- Place an attractive boot tray by the door for shoes
- Go the extra mile and provide an assortment of fun slippers
I've been a loyal Bona user for over 20 years. It was first recommended to me by our hardwood floor installer at our previous home. Since then, things have come a long way in terms of convenience.
The above system is just one of the ones that I use from Bona to keep our floors clean in between weekly cleans.
- Safe and effective for hard surfaces (not laminate)
- No residue formula leaves hard floors free of dust, dirt and grime
- GREENGUARD GOLD certification confirms it’s safe for use in your home and around your family
- Simple and convenient for in between cleanings
- Fast Drying
- Cleans 1.8X faster than leading sweeping cloths and lock away dust, dirt and pet hair
- 40% larger mop head with Velcro bottom for ease of use
Guess what! One lucky reader will receive exactly what I did! Winner will be chosen from the comments randomly. Answer the following questions in the comments: What is your favorite cleaning trick! Visit HERE for Bona details!
The winner will receive:
- Bona® Premium Microfiber Mop for Hard-Surface Floors
- Bona® Disposable Dusting Cloths
- Bona® Wet Cleaning Pads
The Bona disposable dusting cloths are perfect for in between deep cleans.
With our precious dog, Bentley, we have a lot of in between cleanings!
The head is 40% larger than others which means less time cleaning with fewer swipes.
The swivel head allows you to get under hard to reach places.
It does an excellent job of catching dirt and debris. Bye, bye dust bunnies.
Your kit will also come with a washable dust and mop head. The mop head is perfect to use with the spray solution.
For quick wet mopping solutions, Bona has the wet cleaning pads. Again….much larger surface area for superior cleaning.
Seriously make your life easier with simple in between cleanings. You'll definitely be ready for those last-minute guests! I just love clean floors. I'm barefoot in the house a lot, and it feels so much better underfoot.
Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY! Details are above! Also click HERE for details!
Also when you visit Bona's website, be sure to check out the BonaFide Fanatics tab on the website, to sign up for the Bona newsletter for a chance to receive coupons and seasonal offerings.