Easy Prosciutto Pizza Rolls are perfect for an appetizer or a meal with a salad. It is sure to please your family!
Latest from OSH
- Blue Fall Decorating Ideas
- Saturdays on the Porch #24
- Organizing Your Bath + Home & Decor Encore
- Fall Home Tour
- Decorating with Vintage Jars & Bottles + Home & Decor Encore
It's time for another group of fabulous recipes with my blogging friends. I'd like to give a big shout-out to my friend Marty from A Stroll Thru Life for organizing this each month for us.
Be sure to read until the end of the post to get the links to this week's yummy collection of recipes.
Easy Prosciutto Pizza Rolls
Our family loves pizza and has it about once per week. It's that meal that I have in my back pocket for when it's been a crazy busy day.
If your family loves pizza, they will love these Easy Prosciutto Pizza Rolls. They are perfect for an appetizer or a meal with a salad.
Using a roll of pizza crust that you can find in the refrigerator section of your grocer, you can whip up a little twist on the typical pizza.
Ashlyn loves making these. I am always amazed at the things she comes up with for my recipes. She's been doing the recipes for the blog for over a year now. What will I do when she leaves home?
The ingredients are pretty simple!
Lightly flour your surface to help the dough release.
Roll out your dough slightly and brush with a little olive oil.
Sprinkle with spices and shredded cheese.
Arrange the ingredients per the recipe. Isn't it beautiful!
Carefully begin to roll up the dough on the edge with the tomatoes.
Roll it slowly, evenly, and somewhat tight without tearing your dough.
Transfer your log to a cutting board if needed.
Slice into 8 equal slices.
Yummy!!! Now it's time to place them in the cast iron skillet. They already smell divine.
These would even work in a slightly smaller skillet. This is the smallest one that I have. It still works!
Straight out of the oven! They are so good!
They puff up beautifully! Pair with a salad for a meal or eat as a snack or appetizer.
Print the Recipe!
- 3 oz. Prosciutto
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella sliced into half circles
- 1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1 can Pillsbury pizza crust (13.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup fresh Basil roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 clove of Garlic minced
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Flour for prepping surface
- Preheat oven 400° F
- Halve Roma tomatoes length-ways then thinly slice
- Lightly flour prepping surface
- Unroll dough onto the floured surface
- Use a brush to evenly distribute oil onto the dough
- Sprinkle surface of dough evenly with oregano, pepper flakes, and shredded mozzarella, and garlic
- Place tomatoes along the long side of the dough to form the first row
- Place 1/3 of the fresh mozzarella in a row touching the tomatoes
- Place 1/2 the prosciutto in a row touching the mozzarella
- Place next 1/3 of the fresh mozzarella in a row
- Place final 1/2 of prosciutto in a row touching mozzarella
- Place final 1/3 of fresh mozzarella in a row
- Place basil in the final row touching the mozzarella
- Drizzle 1 Tbs of olive oil evenly across everything
- Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste
- Roll dough & ingredients starting at the tomatoes and rolling towards the basil creating a log
- Lightly flour the log
- Slice the log into 8 equally sliced pieces
- Brush a 10 inch cast iron skillet with olive oil
- Place the slices evenly spaced in the pan
- Place skillet in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is cooked and golden brown
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Kitchen Shears, iBayam 2-Pack Kitchen Scissors Heavy Duty Meat Scissors, Dishwasher Safe Cooking Scissors, Multipurpose Stainless Steel Sharp Utility Food Scissors for Chicken, Poultry, Fish, Herbs
Mercer Culinary Millennia Bread Knife, 10-Inch Wavy Edge Wide, Black
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush-Small, Multicolor
Olive Wood Cutting Board 16” Meat Serving Board Handmade
Greater Goods Cast Iron Skillet - Cook Like a Pro with Smooth Milled, Organically Pre-Seasoned 10 Inch Pan Surface | Like the Heirloom Cookware Grandma Used | Designed in St. Louis