The holidays are upon us and than means feeding our sweet tooth…or I should say mine.
Sweets are my weakness. I just can't say no.
My mom's Pecan Crescent Cookies have always been a favorite of mine.
Today I'm sharing her recipe along with the continuation of our Cookie Swap Party this week.
In case you've missed any of this week's cookie recipes, you can catch up below with the entire listing!
Friday, we are hosting a link party where you can link up your own Christmas Cookies! Be sure to check back then. There will be lots of cookie inspiration!
I confess. I asked my mom to bake them for this post. They are my favorite and taste better coming from Mom! They are such a treat with a cup of coffee or hot tea….even cold milk!
I picked them up on Friday, and my family had them devoured by Sunday! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Thanks, Mom!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsifted 10-X Confectioners Sugar (powdered)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Cream butter until soft and smooth
- Add sugar and flavorings
- Blend until smooth
- Stir in flour gradually
- finally, stir in nuts
- Shape in small crescent-shaped rolls, using 1 teaspoon for each one
- Place on buttered cookie sheet
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes
- While still warm, roll in powdered sugar
- Yields 3 Dozen
Please visit the following blogs to see what they brought to the
2014 Christmas Cookie Exchange
Come back Friday and link up your cookies!!!
I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll be back Friday with Favorite Things Friday…..The Christmas Mantel edition!