This post is sponsored by The Libman Company but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
As you know, I've started sharing more and more outdoor photos especially of our screened porch. One of the top questions that I get is “How do you keep your screened in porch so clean.”
I won't lie to you…there is no magic wand or genie nodding her head around here.
Screened Porch Cleaning Tips
In honor of National Pet Month, I thought I'd feature our fur babies in this post in that they probably produce the most mess on the screened porch. We keep the doors opened from the house onto the porch as much as the temps allow us. This is a favorite time of the year for Bentley and Jack. I think that they think it is their porch. So yes…..we embrace the mess.
Bentley doesn't shed horribly, but his hair definitely shows on the green porch cushions. I swear that anywhere you place a blanket, he will lay. So I have strategically placed one here. So yes, he does lay on it somewhat.
The gray floors are great for his hair blending. You really don't notice all the dog hair until you start sweeping. Jack's hair is another story. He has longer, darker hair. It is everywhere.
This is my true secret….my Libman Tornado Mop!
Tips for Cleaning a Screened In Porch
- I use a hand-held, battery-powered leaf blower/sweeper to move all debris from the house side to a central location
- Next, use a broom and dustpan to totally remove debris
- I use a plain wet microfiber cloth to wipe off dust and pollen from surfaces rinsing the cloth frequently
- Next I use glass cleaner and cloth on any glass surfaces like tables and accessories
- A hand-held vac or a large barreled lint roller are great for hair removal on furniture
- I also use the broom to reach spider webs that may occur under furniture and in corners. We try to keep the area sprayed for bugs, but they still occur.
- Handled dusting devices are also great for any accessories
- Hot water with a paper towel is great for cleaning dog and cat nose smudges from the windows and French doors. Then immediately dry it with a paper towel. No cleaner needed!
- Finally I fill a bucket with warm water and all-purpose cleaner or dish soap and mop the space.
My mop of choice is the Libman Tornado Mop! There are so many reasons why this is America's best-selling mop!
Do you see these 3 green bands? They aren't here to just give color. They keep the mop from tangling. This is a huge help when trying to get the job done well and quickly. Polyester yarn resists odor-causing bacteria plus when I am finished, I can remove the mop head and throw it in the washer. You can also purchase replacement heads without having to buy a brand-new mop. With being able to use it on all surfaces, it's the perfect choice for our pet loving family.
You'll want to let it soak up the water and cleaner a bit before you try to ring it out the first time.
With the mechanism, I am able to ring out the mop without ever having to touch the water!
Bentley could care less about a clean porch! He just wants me to play with Lambie and him.
Yes, he tries to fight the mop. I eventually let him go into the fenced backyard to finish the task.
I love this mop because it allows me to get into hard to reach places. It really gets into the corners. I'll even use on dirty places on the columns.
It does a great job cleaning the porch! I don't rinse after I clean.
In case you are wondering, we do 2 really big porch cleans per year with outdoor cleaner, scrub brushes and the pressure washer. This is in the spring before we open the porch and early fall. In between the seasons, the above process is how we maintain in between the big cleanings.
I probably only mop the entire porch every 2-3 weeks. In between this, I spot clean regularly. The area from the back door to the patio is high traffic with human and pet traffic. They especially dirty up the floor when it rains. This is where the go in and out throughout the day to the backyard. I can very quickly mop this area as needed.
We use our porch all the time!!! We are hoping to add an inexpensive TV to the porch soon for evenings on the porch.
We eat out here most nights in the spring through fall. The Libman Tornado Mop is great for those occasional drink and food spills.
The Libman Tornado Mop is perfect for all those pet messes and everyday living.
Even Jack approves, but refuses to help.
Now, it's time to sit back and enjoy the porch!
Guess what!!! You will receive a $3-off coupon when you sign up for The Libman Company newsletter!!