Merry Christmas y’all!
It’s hard to believe that it’s coming up this week.
My kids are out for the holiday so this is the time that we bake and make goodies.
We bake for ourselves and others.
One thing we love to make is homemade Chex Party Mix. It’s fun and really simple to put together.
By the last week before Christmas, I’m all about simple!
This batch of Chex Party Mix makes a lot for a crowd or to give as gifts!
Your local Publix is offering a fabulous coupon to get you started with the recipe! Buy TWO (2) Chex® cereals and get ONE (1) FREE Ziploc® brand bags or containers (up to $3.29). That’s a great deal!
- 4-1/2 cups of Chex Rice Cereal
- 4-1/2 cups of Chex Corn Cereal
- 2 cups of melba toast, broken into smaller pieces
- 2 cups of oyster crackers
- 2 cups of pretzel sticks
- 1-1/2 sticks of salted butter
- 3 tbs Worcester sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp of seasoned salt
- 3/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 5 shakes of hot sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, broken pieces of melba toast, oyster crackers and pretzels.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter, and remaining ingredients.
- Microwave the butter mixture until melted. Approximately 2 minutes. Stir after 1 minute.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread the mixture onto 2-3 baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. The mix will have baked in the moisture from the butter mixture.
- Cool on the baking sheets.
- Store in Ziploc bags or containers.
- This makes a great gift in holiday Ziploc containers!
Combine the cereals with the melba toast, oyster crackers and pretzels in a large bowl.
Combine the butter and remaining ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for approximately 2 minutes; stirring after the first minute.
Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture. Toss to coat. Spread onto 2-3 baking sheets. Bake in a preheated 200 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Store your Chex Party Mix in Ziploc bags and holiday containers.
Be sure to PIN the above image for later and share with your friends!
Enter below to win $10 in Paypal cash to purchase your ingredients for Chex Party Mix. Must have a Paypal account to win.
I’d love for you to follow along on social media!
–>> Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter|Google+
Home Stories A to Z Not Just a Housewife Kammy’s Korner The Happy HousieDesign Dining and Diapers Liz Marie Blog Funky Junk Interiors Savvy Southern StyleTatertotsand Jello DIY Show Off Redoux Interiors Between Naps on the PorchThe DIY DreamerOh My Creative Little Miss Celebration Just a Girl and Her Blog Sand and Sisal InteriorFrugalista House on the Way Addicted 2 DIY I should be Mopping the FloorMiss Mustard Seed Stone Gable- The Scoop Inspire Me Tuesday Feathered Nest Friday Treasure Hunt Thursday Northern NestingBuffer