Saturdays on the Porch #38 features this week's fashion looks and more from Our Southern Home for life and home.
Latest from OSH
- Simple Porch Vignette + Home and Decor Encore
- The Best Steak Tacos + Home and Decor Encore
- How to Strip and Bleach Wood Furniture
- Saturdays on the Porch #41
- DIY String Light Planters + Home & Decor Encore
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of my links, I may earn a small commission from the retailer costing you nothing more. You can read more on my disclosure page. YOU WILL FIND A SHOP THE LOOK FOR OUR HOME AT THE BOTTOM!
Check out last week's Saturday on the Porch!
Happy Saturday sweet friends! I hope you are having a beautiful Saturday. Our front porch demo of the flooring is starting to wrap up. Still, lots to do, but the flooring is wrapping up. It really looks fabulous.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, because I've been sharing the progress in stories.
Also, check out this Chico's look from last week that I shared on Instagram. SHOP it HERE.
It has been so windy here lately. As soon as that lets up, I hope to start cleaning the porch ceilings and columns. All of our outdoor woodwork needs painting. Need to clean it well before that task can start.
This is my second spring season with this dress. It is still a hot seller. It comes in many colors. I think more and more of us crave relaxed easy-going clothes. I love this because it is so comfortable yet put-together looking. I wear it at home a lot, but it's also great for errands with these sneakers or out to dinner with a wedge.
The sleeves have elastic at the wrist. It is a full-length sleeve, but they easily push up and stay in place for a blousier 3/4 length look.
Let's talk about the bra that you see in this photo. I just checked, and I purchased it in 2020. I LOVE to wear it with lower cut tops and dresses that need a bit of modesty. It looks like a tank top with the fit, but the comfort of a bra. I don't like an extra layer of having to layer a full tank top over a bra, especially in the summer.
What We've Watched
- The 2nd season of Bridgerton is out so I'll be watching it soon.
- Pieces of Her is a book that I read by Karin Slaughter. I just discovered that it was made into a show on Netflix. I am really enjoying it. Toni Collete is such a great actress.
- I love Colin Firth, and I am looking forward to the new true-crime drama that he is starting in with Toni Collete! It's called The Staircase. It will air on HBO.
- I've got to watch CODA on Apple TV. Have you seen it?
- HBO also has a new series coming out soon about Julia Child!
What I'm Reading
I love to read and listen to books. If you are looking for a way to get more steps in with your walking…..listen to books! You will want to keep walking to listen.
I've had my Audible membership for a while, and LOVE it! It gives me one book credit per month.
Let me share with you how I read on Kindle and listen to books as well. Get yourself a library card!
Then add the LIBBY and HOOPLA apps to your phone.
I will typically check to see if a book is available there first before using my credit or buying. Using these 2 apps with your library card is FREE!!! I love FREE.
If it is a newer title or popular, there may be a waitlist. That's ok. Sometimes the wait can be lengthy. If I'm not willing to wait, I will just purchase. If it is new or popular, you NEED to finish the book in the allowed checkout time. Sometimes you can renew, and sometimes you may have to get back in the queue. If that happens, when it is available again…..it will download where you left off.
Here is what I've recently read or listened to. I haven't started anything new.
What We've Bought
- car air cabin filter
- This sandwich maker was a gift request. We actually have one and it's good!
- My hubby loves these sneakers. I wear this brand as well.
- beard trimmer
- trying dry brushing my skin
- 2nd order of this neck and chest cream
- This coverup is great! I have it in black, size medium. It washes well. Air dry.
- facial cleansing water
- facial toner
- Hair and facial oil– a little goes a long way!
- This is one of my favorite online boutiques. I just ordered 3 new pieces. I typically order a medium. Here is a coupon code for your first order. I'll add links to the items that I just ordered. I do not have them yet. Hey! Head here: https://thefindauctions.com/links to use code JLBJREF for 10% off your first order with the find auctions. I ordered the McKinley Dress, Copeland Dress, and this white top.
What Caught My Eye
Isn't this kitchen fresh and beautiful for spring! Visit my friend Tamara over at Citrine Living for more.
Sarah totally rocked this $250 Bathroom Remodel!
Suzy has used blues beautifully this spring in her home!
This Shrimp Fettuccini with zucchini noodles looks yummy!
This courtyard garden is GORGEOUS!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Until next week…….XO, ChristyBuffer