Saturdays on the Porch #37 featuring this week's fashion looks and more from Our Southern Home for life and home.
Latest from OSH
- Last Year's Christmas Tour + Home and Decor Encore
- Saturdays on the Porch #55
- How to Make Decoupage Chinoiserie Ornaments
- Christmas Decorating Must-Haves
- Saturdays on the Porch #54
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of my links, I may earn a small commission from the retailer costing you nothing more. You can read more on my disclosure page. YOU WILL FIND A SHOP THE LOOK FOR OUR HOME AT THE BOTTOM!
Happy Saturday sweet friends! I hope you are having a beautiful Saturday. Our front porch demo of the flooring started yesterday. In true remodel fashion, things that need repair occur before the pretty can happen!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, because I plan to start sharing the progress in stories.
It is such a struggle to share pretty things right now and live a normal life with all the heartache going on in Ukraine. I have a hard time drawing myself away from reading about it and watching frequent news updates on TV. I honestly never thought I'd see something like this in my lifetime. The pure evil is shocking. CNN put together this CNN Heros video for Ukraine. All we can do is pray hard and donate to help the humanitarian efforts. Here is a list of safe sites to donate verified by The Today Show.
I hope to work in the yard a bit this weekend. I honestly can't wait for outdoor living.
Check out my post on these sting lights HERE.
I need to clean the outdoor rug on the patio. I kept meaning to roll it up for winter and store it in the shed. I never did. As a result, it is quite dirty with green mold. Fingers crossed that it all cleans well. I'll be using this recipe.
I hope to clean it this weekend because we just ordered this firepit for the patio. We are excited to start using it. We are true homebodies so we enjoy adding time to our home that makes it extra cozy for enjoying those special moments. I love the clean contemporary lines of it to go with our bluestone patio and wicker.
I bought this dress on sale after Christmas sometime. The company is out of Charleston, SC. The designs are truly classic, southern. I love the French flair that a lot of the fabrics have. The ones that I have linked below are the same style, just a different pattern. My pattern is no longer available.
This line is a bit of a splurge in that I am a sale and budget, fashion girl. I just loved the style of the cuts and fabrics.
I'd love to get another one for summer!
Mine is above the knee and is so cute for errands with white sneakers. With the 3/4 sleeve, I plan to take it to France with us this summer. We planned this big family trip last summer but had to reschedule for this summer with covid. We wanted to do a special trip with the kids while they were still living at home.
The dress will be cute as well with the collar popped up and with sandals.
Fit Tip: I am wearing a medium in the dress. The sizing is perfect. (I am typically a 6-8) The sneakers are true to size in my typical 8. I've been wearing them around the house and for short trips out to break them in. I want to wear them sockless. They're very comfy.
I learned about them from my friend while in Florida with her. She has 2 pairs! She loves them that much.
What We've Watched
- The Guilded Age has been excellent on HBO Max.
- I enjoyed the HBO reboot of Sex and the City, And Just Like That. I'm excited to see it get a second season.
- We've been watching Station Eleven, and it's just OK.
- The Thing About Pam is very different. It's a Dateline true-crime drama starring Rene Zellweger.
- We Crashed on Apple TV is really good! Great acting!
- Outlander has started up. I love this show, but I'm finding it a bit slow right now.
- A Million Little Things is a favorite. I watch it on my own.
What I'm Reading
I love to read and listen to books. If you are looking for a way to get more steps in with your walking…..listen to books! You will want to keep walking to listen.
I've had my Audible membership for a while, and LOVE it! It gives me one book credit per month.
Let me share with you how I read on Kindle and listen to books as well. Get yourself a library card!
Then add the LIBBY and HOOPLA apps to your phone.
I will typically check to see if a book is available there first before using my credit or buying. Using these 2 apps with your library card is FREE!!! I love FREE.
If it is a newer title or popular, there may be a waitlist. That's ok. Sometimes the wait can be lengthy. If I'm not willing to wait, I will just purchase. If it is new or popular, you NEED to finish the book in the allowed checkout time. Sometimes you can renew, and sometimes you may have to get back in the queue. If that happens, when it is available again…..it will download where you left off.
Here is what I've recently read or listened to. I haven't started anything new.
- It Ends With Us – The best book that I've read in a while. There is a bit of sex. If domestic violence is a trigger for you, please be warned. I can't wait for the 2nd part to come out. I love a good series.
- The Silent Patient
- Just got With Love From London
- A summer Affair– I'm a big Elin Hilderbrand fan. I always enjoy her books. This is book 1 in a series.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo was my recent Audible credit purchase.
What We've Bought
What Caught My Eye
- I want to check out this jewelry store in Paris.
- Beautiful account for gardening inspiration
- After the wedding, I want to cut my hair like this.
- I've lined up this photographer to do family photos in Paris.
- This basement is gorgeous!
- I have my eye on this dress for Paris and travel in general. I could wear it during the day with sneakers and sandals, flats or wedges for dinner.
Have a wonderful weekend! XO, Christy