Grilled Chicken Salad
*This is a sponsored post on behalf of P&G. I received free samples from P&G and compensation. All opinions and ideas are my own.*
Simple grilled chicken salad is a healthy option for lunch or dinner! The chicken is equally fabulous for tacos & quesadillas.
My quest for lifestyle changes as an empty nester continues!
Becoming an empty nester is a new stage in my life. I realized that the sooner I accepted it, the better off I'd be.
I've been sharing ways that I am embracing the empty nest.
Latest from OSH!
- Fall Home Tour
- Decorating with Vintage Jars & Bottles + Home & Decor Encore
- No-Sew DIY Flannel Pumpkins
- Fall Decor in the Kitchen
- Saturdays on the Porch #23
I'm keeping up with my 10,000+ steps a day, eating healthy snacks and making better meal choices. I am seeing a difference!
I've been taking Align Probiotic Supplement for several years now and I know it has been instrumental in keeping the good bacteria to promote a healthy digestive system 24/7 with daily continued use.
Align is the #1 doctor and gastroenterologist-recommended probiotic brand. Only Align contains the microbiome, Bifidobacterium 3562™ which helps promote and support a healthy digestive system.
My son will be a senior in college and my daughter a sophomore in the fall. I want to be healthy, strong and the best I can be for them and my grandchildren down the road.
Diet, travel, stress, and changes in your routine can disrupt your natural balance of good bacteria in the microbiome. Align supplements your digestive system with healthy bacteria to help maintain digestive balance.
My go-to daily lunch is this Lemon & Herb Grilled Chicken Salad recipe.
It's so easy. I'll cook an entire pack of organic chicken tenders and it will last several days.
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pound of chicken tenders
- 1tbs of olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbs olive oil
- dash of salt & pepper
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 Cups of spinach per salad
- assortment of diced veggies: carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, tomato
- Sprinkled crumbled bacon
- In a small bowl, mix spices for chicken spice.
- Brush both sides of chicken with olive oil
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with spice mixture.
- Grill chicken on a heated grill pan for approximately 5 minutes on each side and medium-low heat.
- While chicken cooks, chop your spinach with salad scissors or a knife. Add assorted chopped veggies.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss the chopped salad with the dressing to coat.
- place 3 chicken strips on the salad.
- Store the leftovers in the fridge.
- The salad greens and veggies are really your preference for the amount and variety!
Blend your grilling spices together. And brush the chicken with olive oil.
The olive oil helps the herbs and spices adhere to the chicken and preps the chicken for the grilling pan.
You could certainly grill the chicken on a grill, but for quick meals like this…..I love a grill pan for the stovetop. This one is cast iron and really does a great job.
You can use any amount of spinach. I use approximately 2 cups. Then I chop mine with salad scissors.
We've kind of become obsessed with chopping our spinach like this for salads.
Add your chopped veggies to your spinach. Whisk your dressing ingredients together and toss with the salad. Place 3 grilled chicken strips on top and enjoy! We always eat salads on a lipped plate or pasta bowl. It's so much easier. Here is a close match to my floral pasta plates!!!
I am working to make healthy choices in my empty nest life:
- Getting in 10,000+ steps per day
- Making healthy snack choices
- Reading for enjoyment to keep my mind sharp and relax
- Incorporate healthy meals
- Taking Align Probiotic Supplement daily for digestive health
I'd love to hear ways in which you embrace your empty nest!