Saturdays on the Porch #24 featuring this week's fashion looks and more from Our Southern Home for life and home.
Happy Saturday, sweet friends! I hope you've had an absolutely amazing week!
In case you missed Saturdays on the Porch, you can find the archives HERE.
Latest from OSH
- Saturdays on the Porch #49
- Fall Kitchen + Home and Decor Encore
- 10 Ideas for Decorating a Festive Fall Front Porch
- How to Create a Framed Wedding Seating Chart
- Easy Flannel Pumpkins + Home and Decor Encore
Saturdays on the Porch #24
I've had my eye on this dress from Amazon for a while now. I don't wear red a lot but decided on this color for fall.
It's the perfect travel dress. I like to pack outfits that will work day and night.
Fit Tip: I am wearing a size medium in the dress.
Pull it off the shoulder, add a heel and a clutch for the evening. It's lightweight and very figure-flattering. I love an easy, relaxed, and flowy dress on the bottom with a fitted look on the top.
Wear it this fall with a denim jacket and boots!
This is perfect here in the south. Wear it without the jacket during the day and have it ready for cooler evenings.
Several weeks ago, I shared that I had my eye on this blouse. It went on sale, and I scooped it up! It is still on sale.
Fit Tip: I ordered a Chico's size 1. I wanted a looser, longer fit and it's perfect.
I'll wear it now with white denim. The denim below is Chico's. I am wearing a 1 in those. I typically wear a .5 in their pants but usually like to size up a bit in white pants.
The blouse is gorgeous!!! It's a satin-like material, but more of a matte finish. It's not too shiny at all. I love the neckline. The scarf wraps around the neck. You can wrap it twice like I've done for more of a turtleneck look or wrap it once and wear it looser around the neck.
I'll be wearing it with blue denim and black dress pants as well. It will be gorgeous with a black blazer.
I've had these open-toe wedges for a few years now. They are so comfortable. They come in several colors and are sale!!
Speaking of blazers!!!! Ashlyn picked out a couple of business-like pieces from Express. She graduates in December. She is 6 feet and has an issue with sleeve length. She got this blazer. It looks amazing, but a bit short in the sleeves on her. I tried it on and the medium is perfect for me. I may have to order one of my own if she keeps it. It's knit and very comfortable and flattering. I really like blazers with jeans.
We spent a couple of nice days at Broadway Lake in Anderson, SC. It was gorgeous. Going during the week, we literally had the lake to ourselves. There were a couple of skiers late in the evening. We had beautiful weather. It was a nice recharge for the soul.
Scroll through the photos
We had a fabulous few days at the Broadway Lake Airbnb. It was just my hubby and me with my sister-in-law and her husband. Woods and Ashlyn stayed home since they had classes and took care of our pets. They came up each evening for dinner and to enjoy the lake. They'd bring Bentley and Daisy, my inlaw's dog when they came each evening. We do not own a boat. We rented this pontoon boat. I must say that I could get really used to lake life
After 5 days with my family, my face was showing the effects of eating what I wanted. Plus, I've been getting menopausal breakouts. I've been using this clay mask and brush since 2016! I mix a small amount of the clay powder in a glass bowl with a wooden spoon with water to make a thinner paste.
Then just keep layering it on with the brush. I use this brush with all of my messier face masks. It keeps your fingers clean.
I leave it on while I do things around the house. I will rinse it off in the shower using a wet washcloth. Your face may be slightly red afterward, but that goes away. It will dry tight and hard. It clears up my blemishes and shrinks pores like you wouldn't believe!
What I'm Reading
- Just finished Summer of 69.
- Starting The Husbands
- I just started The Perfect Family (almost done…..it's good)
- The Restaurant and just finished part 2- Christmas at the Restaurant
- No Home Like Nantucket (currently reading- 6 book series) I love series books!
- Just started listening to Golden Girl and I love it! I listen to books while I paint.
- Ashlyn listens to books while she paints also. She is listening to Trust by Pamela Kelley. I can't wait to listen to it as well. I love her Nantucket books.
- South Carolina Sunsets Series: The Beach House #1, Sunsets & Second Chances #2, Fireflies & Family Ties #3 Just finished #4 The Inn at Seagrove
- Last One Home #1 (series)
- Cottage by the Sea
- 28 Summers
- The Last Thing He Told Me (current Audible listen)
- The Nantucket Inn Series
- I'm listening to The Hotel
- Hubby just started Churchill's Secret Messenger.
What We've Bought
- Hair dryer
- Battery-operated lightbulb
- Coffee reorder
- Clean spider webs with this
- Shoe repair glue
- 4th order of collagen
What Caught My Eye
- This pretty DIY fall pillow
- How to clean copper
- 100 Pumpkin Ideas
- Decorating with Dried Flowers
- Low-Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake
I hope you have an amazing week!!!