Saturdays on the Porch #19 featuring this week's fashion looks and more from Our Southern Home for life and home.
Latest from OSH
- Blue Fall Decorating Ideas
- Saturdays on the Porch #24
- Organizing Your Bath + Home & Decor Encore
- Fall Home Tour
- Decorating with Vintage Jars & Bottles + Home & Decor Encore
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of my links, I may earn a small commission from the retailer costing you nothing more. You can read more on my disclosure page.
Saturdays on the Porch #19
I hope you are having an amazing week! We are currently at the beach so this is a photo from June.
I had planned to take some photos this week, but it just didn't happen. We arrived at the beach house last Sunday. The weather was rainy on Tuesday and Wednesday so what did I do? I painted our bedroom. Ashlyn and I worked to paint the walls, trim, and doors over the course of 2 days. It looks so clean and fresh with the new luxury vinyl plank flooring that we had installed throughout the entire house in late May. I'll take a few photos right before we leave to share here.
The rest of the days have been pretty lazy and low key mainly cooking at home. It's actually a horrible blowing rain right now. It's rained a good bit this week, but we've still had wonderful beach days. It's not uncommon to have morning rain on the island that makes way for gorgeous afternoons. I love the beach around 3 pm until……It's so beautiful and perfect for reading or a little nap.
Pasta is something that we make that usually doesn't come about with a recipe.
I've always just thrown it together with what we have. This one was so good, that we are going to recreate it when we get back home.
We've cooked some great meals this week!
- Pesto Pasta with grilled chicken and veggies
- Grilled Salmon with Honey Soy Glaze
- Shrimp and Grits
- Dominoes (ha, ha)
- Dinner out at Shagger Jacks
- Grilled Chicked with Pesto
- No plans yet for tonight!
Of course, no beach trip would be complete without an adult slushie!
What I'm Reading
- No Home Like Nantucket (currently reading- 6 book series) I love series books!
- South Carolina Sunsets Series: The Beach House #1, Sunsets & Second Chances #2, Fireflies & Family Ties #3 Just finished #4 The Inn at Seagrove
- Last One Home #1 (series)
- Cottage by the Sea
- 28 Summers
- The Last Thing He Told Me (current Audible listen)
- The Nantucket Inn Series
- I'm listening to The Hotel
- Hubby just started Churchill's Secret Messenger.
What I've Bought
- New dog water bottle for the beach
- Black romper for me in size medium. It's excellent quality, but sending back. It's too small. Not sure if I'm going to get a large or not.
- Black bathing suit coverup
- I wear this all the time in the evenings at the beach house.
- Ashlyn has this coverup. I want it!!
- I have these beach flip flops in another color, but love!
You Might Like This!
I am loving my 2 Ruggable Rugs! I have the Cambria Abalone and Heriz Saffron in 6×9 for under the kitchen table. Once you buy one rug system, you only have to buy additional toppers to change your look. They have a Facebook group that is so helpful in selecting rugs!
Here is my favorite new charcuterie board and it's an easy DIY!
What Caught My Eye!
I need to do this in the kitchen at the lake house! Great tutorial from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia!
Tips for decorating with garage sale finds from Peony Lade Designs.
Yvonne from Stone Gable is quite the home whisperer! I love her ideas for updating your space!
If you love blue and white decor, you must follow Citrine Living! Isn't this patio stunning! Great job, Tamara!
Amber from Follow the Yellow Brick Home is one of the best blogs for vintage and antique decor. She has so many fabulous treasures and perfectly arranges those in her home.
I hope you have an amazing week!!! If you are a blogger and would like to be featured in Saturdays on the Porch, please email me at [email protected] with Saturday Feature in the subject line.