Saturdays on the Porch #25 featuring this week's fashion looks and more from Our Southern Home for life and home.
Happy Saturday, sweet friends! I hope you've had an absolutely amazing week!
In case you missed Saturdays on the Porch, you can find the archives HERE.
Latest from OSH
- Saturdays on the Porch #34
- Home Office Decor + Home and Decor Encore
- How to Easily Paint Wicker
- Winter Flowers + Home and Decor Encore
- Historic Southport Christmas Homes Part 3
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of my links, I may earn a small commission from the retailer costing you nothing more. You can read more on my disclosure page.
Saturdays on the Porch #25
I am sorry that I didn't get a Saturday on the Porch out last week.
The craziest thing happened. I had the post almost complete.
Then the unthinkable happened……..
The post disappeared.
Kind of like that missing sock……never to be found again.
I save throughout the writing process. Literally, about 3 hours of work was gone.
I unsuccessfully tried to retrieve it. I contacted my tech company. They couldn't find it either.
I didn't have it in me to sit there and write it again.
I won't lie……I'm a bit nervous about this happening again.
The above look has been on repeat lately. When it gets cooler, I'll add a denim jacket or cardigan. These joggers that I got at Walmart for $5 are no longer available so I've found alternatives for you.
I've also worn it like this for errands.
Joggers are really all the rage. I personally love them! They can be dressed up or down. They are a great alternative if you aren't a leggings person, but want easy-going comfort.
It's officially slow cooker season over here! My slow cooker is ancient, but I've got my eye on this one.
I don't follow a recipe for my slow cooker pot roast. I just dump it all in!
These liners are great for the slow cooker. It really eliminates some messy cleanup.
I started by placing coarsely chopped veggies in the bottom: sweet onion, celery, carrots, and baby potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and minced garlic.
In a bowl, I mix 1 can of French Onion Soup, 1 envelope of onion soup mix with water to make a soupy sauce.
I pour some of this on top of the veggies.
I used a rump roast here. I salt and pepper it generously. Then sear it on the stovetop on both sides to get a nice crusty brown. About 4 minutes on each side.
Pour the soup mixture on top. Add a little water.
Cook it all day on low. I start it around 9 am and remove the meat around 6. I then whisk about 2 tablespoons of flour in about 1/4 cup of very hot water. Pour that in with the gravy and veggies to thicken it a bit. I let it continue to cook for about 15 minutes while the roast rests before carving. My family loves it! I serve it with rice and biscuits.
I've also made similar in my Instant Pot.
I snapped this photo Friday evening! This is Jack's idea of hanging out with me and being loving. He sits on the opposite couch with me. He doesn't like to be held but can be very loving on his terms.
What I'm Reading
- Just started The Silent Patient
- Summer of 69.
- Starting The Husbands
- I just started The Perfect Family (almost done…..it's good)
- The Restaurant and just finished part 2- Christmas at the Restaurant
- No Home Like Nantucket (currently reading- 6 book series) I love series books!
- Just started listening to Golden Girl and I love it! I listen to books while I paint.
- Ashlyn listens to books while she paints also. She is listening to Trust by Pamela Kelley. I can't wait to listen to it as well. I love her Nantucket books.
- South Carolina Sunsets Series: The Beach House #1, Sunsets & Second Chances #2, Fireflies & Family Ties #3 Just finished #4 The Inn at Seagrove
- Last One Home #1 (series)
- Cottage by the Sea
- 28 Summers
- The Last Thing He Told Me (current Audible listen)
- The Nantucket Inn Series
- I'm listening to The Hotel
- Hubby just started Churchill's Secret Messenger. (husband said that I will like this so added to my list)
What We've Bought
- Repair heels of shoes
- Bentley's can food
- Exciting news coming soon!
- Hair Dryer
- Battery opereated light bulb….genius!
- Coffee reorder
- Spider web brush
- Reorder of collagen
- Walmart cardigan…..looks so expensive (small)
- Walmart lounge set: top and bottom (medium)
- tea bags
What Caught My Eye
Gorgeous fall tablescape from Stone Gable
Fall Wreath Ideas from Follow the Yellow Brick Home
This pretty fall printable from Worthing Court
I hope you have an amazing weekend!